This light, Asian-influenced dressing gets its creaminess from Greek yogurt, and its tang from the blend of lemon and ginger. It’s an easy, quick, and tasty paring with any mixed greens combo, with just 33 calories, 1 g of carbohydrate, zero cholesterol, 2.5 g of total fat, 2 g of protein, and 2 g of sugar. (And why couldn’t you drizzle it on chicken or seafood as well?!)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. fresh, grated ginger root
- 2 cloves fresh, minced garlic
- 1 tsp. jarred, minced garlic
- 1 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil*
- 1-2 tsps. lemon juice
Add all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well until blended. Pour over your choice of mixed salad greens, and lightly toss together. Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
*Fat-free, low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth (or water) can replace some oil, if desired.
Recipe adapted from www.heart.org