July brings warmer weather and more outdoor fun – This recipe is quick, healthy and a welcome addition to any picnic or barbeque.
Makes: 4 servings
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/3 cup minced onion
1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
3 tablespoons real bacon bits or pieces
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Place whole potatoes into microwave-safe dish. Make two deep incisions on each side of every potato.
- Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic.)
- Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes depending on strength of microwave.
- Use oven mitts or a towel to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build up and let cool.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl with remaining ingredients; stir and mix well.
Total calories: 200
Total fat: 4g
Dietary fiber: 3g
Saturated fat: 2g