2 tsp. olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 can (16 oz.) whole tomatoes, drained (reserve juice) and coarsely chopped
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup reserved tomato juice, from canned tomatoes
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tbsp. fresh grated orange peel
1 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed
1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
Black pepper, to taste
1 lb. fish fillets (sole, flounder or sea perch)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add onion, and saute over moderate heat 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients except fish.
- Stir well and simmer 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Arrange fish in 10×6-inch baking dish; cover with sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375º F about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 4 oz. fillet with sauce
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 56 mg
Sodium: 281 mg