1 1/2 tsps. curry powder
1 tsp. thyme, crushed
1 stalk scallion, chopped
1 tbsp. hot pepper, chopped
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
8 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. ginger, grated
3/4 tsp. salt
8 pieces chicken, skinless (breast, drumstick)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup water
1 medium white potato, diced
1 large onion, chopped
- Mix together curry powder, thyme, scallion, hot pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, ginger, onion, and salt. Sprinkle seasoning mixture on chicken.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium flame.
- Add chicken and sauté.
- Add water and allow chicken to cook over medium flame for 30 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add onions and cook 15 minutes more or until meat is tender.
Makes 6 servings – Serving size: 1/2 breast or 2 small drumsticks
Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 81 mg
Sodium: 363 mg