3 tsp. olive oil
¼ cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
½ cup fresh asparagus pieces
½ cup canned or frozen artichoke hearts, chopped
½ cup sugar snap peas, strings pulled and cut into ½ inch pieces
¼ tsp. dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
¾ cup egg substitute or 3 eggs
1 tbsp. plain yogurt, low fat
1 tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a skillet and cook the onion 2 or 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in the asparagus, artichoke hearts, peas, basil, and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally until tender but still slightly crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Beat the egg substitute or eggs with the yogurt and another pinch of pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a heavy-bottom skillet. Pour in the egg mixture and cook until just set on the bottom but still wet on the top, 1 minute.
- Scatter the vegetables over the top and set into the oven to finish cooking, 2 minutes.
- Dust the top with the Parmesan cheese, cut into wedges and serve.
Yield: 2 servings
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Sodium: 388 mg
Fiber: 2 g